20 Dec, 2019 → by ClaimboUser783269
Veritread forces transporters to bid very high to increase profit for Jeff Cox (Owner of Veritread)

1

Letter to Ritchie Bros: To Whom It May Concern, My employer (3PL) just signed up on Veritread Thursday Dec 19th to ship for your auction customers. We were abruptly shut off in the afternoon with no warning and was told by Andrew Katanick (intern at Veritread) on Friday Dec 20th that the reason being was our LTL shipping quotes were too low and we needed to charge more! We had 4 active bids and got 2 accepted immediately which we are told gave them red flags. We started to bid on other loads and had 20 more bids out with 174 stored to quote on next. So quoting correctly, honestly and accurately is against Veritreads rules. To us it looks like, Jeff Cox and Brian Ratkovec are forcing your buyers to pay more on freight so Jeff Cox can make as much profit as possible without any regard to your buyers or how it reflects on your company. I feel that this is not only unscrupulous and tarnishing your good name, it is hurting your buyers and customers by forcing freight charges higher than they need to be. I was told by Andrew Katanick that Veritread does not have anything listed in their terms of service covering a minimum profit to Veritread other than they can do whatever they want on their site. In summary, your vendor Veritread is forcing your buyers to pay more for their shipping for Jeff Coxs own personal profit/gain. Legal transporters are essentially being swindled by Veritread to charge more for shipping than is necessary. I would like a reply or Ritchie Brothers to issue a statement on this before I write an article and put up reviews on how Ritchie Bros knowingly allows Veritread to forcibly inflate shipping rates to maximize profit without any regard to Ironplanet/Ritchiebros or your customers. I have left a voicemail for Karl Werner as well in regard to this scam. If there is no reply from your company this information will get published and we will note that I did reach out to your company for a comment but was ignored. What I would like to do is provide honest shipping rates to your buyers without your greedy partner forcing businesses and individuals to pay more for shipping only to increase Veritreads profit margin. Obviously carriers are singled out if they force low profits for Veritreads misappropriation. This needs to stop ASAP. I am willing to sign a sworn affidavit that this is what I was told by Veritreads representative Andrew Katanick. When the public is aware of this, it will not bode well for your company.
Helpfull? 0 votes

Comments
Veritread is a big scammer. It charges money from both sides from the transporter as well as from the buyer who places listings. Ritchie Bros and Iron Planet have got bribe to favour this scammer. Veritread charges 20% from machinery traders who ask for a bid and 20% from the transporters who place their bid. Total 40% it charges just for sharing the contact details of real shipping company or transporter.
H D | July 03, 2022 | Reply
0 votes
Post your comment:


Do you want to help? Probably you've just been in a similar situation, know the solution and want to help? Perhaps you are just a kind person who has advice on the merits. Please write your comment — you can do a good breed.

If you are actual Representative of Veritread you can contact the user using the comment form and help resolve the situation. The user can always mark his complaint as "resolved". Maintain your brand image, it is FREE.
Copyright © 2022 CLAIMBO.COM. All rights reserved.